Having to go out with your friends and family with a missing tooth can be quite uncomfortable. If any of your loved ones spot your missing tooth and mock you for it, the embarrassment can be too bad. Even if they don’t, the thought of the gap left by the extracted tooth can linger around in your mind and make you feel too conscious of yourself while talking or smiling.
We understand your concern and would be more than happy to offer customized solutions to restore your missing teeth. If you have just a few missing teeth, then dental bridges would be the perfect restorative solution. If the number of missing teeth is more, it is best to get a custom fabricated denture to restore both the aesthetics of your smile and the functionality of the mouth.
What are dental bridges?
Bridges are ceramic structures that look exactly like the natural teeth. The material that they are made from can be customized in terms of color, texture, translucency, and contour. This way, the prosthetic tooth replacing your missing one would look exactly like a natural tooth. No one would be able to spot the difference unless you reveal it to them yourself.
Why should you choose bridges?
- Bridges are made from a tooth-colored ceramic material that can be customized to match the color, translucency, and texture of the natural enamel. Any shade you prefer, depending on the color of your adjoining teeth, can be achieved.
- They are stable. Dental crowns will be used on either side of the prosthetic tooth to hold it in position, which provides the required anchorage. The bridge wouldn’t get displaced even if you bite and chew food like you always do.
- Since the gap left by the missing tooth will be filled by the bridge, the adjoining teeth will not be able to drift from their positions. This prevents the onset of malocclusion.
- You will be able to bite and chew food like you used to prior to losing a tooth. Also, your phonetics would be restored to normal.
How can you benefit from dentures?
Dentures are a set of prosthetic teeth that are held firmly by an acrylic base. The prosthetic teeth are made from tooth-colored ceramic, whereas the base holding them is made from gum-colored acrylic material. They are customizable prosthetics that fit perfectly in your mouth, thereby making your face look fuller and restoring your ability to bite and chew food. The best thing about dentures is that they can be taken off whenever you need to, such as while cleaning your mouth, sleeping, brushing the dentures, etc.
Advantages of getting dentures
- Dentures can be fabricated in both partial and complete forms. This way, they can be used to replace just a few or all of the missing teeth.
- They are removable. In case you feel you need a break from the prosthetic teeth, you can easily take them off and put them back on whenever you wish.
- Dentures perfectly mimic the appearance of the natural teeth. The materials used to make them closely resemble the teeth and gum tissues.
- Losing a large number of teeth can make your face look shrunken. When you put dentures on, the face, almost instantly, looks fuller and you can flaunt your smile without having to worry about the missing teeth.
Call us at (562) 304-9548 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Violet to know more about dental bridges and dentures.